Invisalign is a dental treatment that can straighten crooked and misaligned teeth in fewer dental visits than traditional braces. Clear aligners are custom-made with proprietary 3D, computer-imaging technology to fit your mouth comfortably. This proven treatment effectively remedies both simple and complex cases. Plus, the aligners are removable and virtually invisible, so they won’t interfere with your lifestyle. Have you explored the many benefits of Invisalign?
The Invisalign Advantage
More than four million people nationwide have trusted Invisalign to achieve their best smile. Why? These effective aligners are not only smooth, clear, and comfortable to wear, but they’re also removable. With Invisalign, you can continue doing all the activities you normally would – from brushing and flossing, to eating all the foods you adore – without worry. There’s a lot to love about Invisalign, including all of the following benefits:
- No pain from sharp brackets or wires
- Easy-to-see results at every stage of treatment
- Coverage offered by many orthodontic insurance plans
- Virtually invisible design
- Treatment of simple and complex cases
- No injuries due to broken wires or brackets
- Fewer doctor visits required (you’ll see us approximately every six weeks)
- Blue indicator dots for teens to monitor compliance
How Does It Work?
Duff Family Dental is a certified Invisalign provider. During your initial consultation, we will discuss your needs and evaluate whether this treatment is right for you. Then, we’ll use a scanner to create precise, 3D digital images of your teeth. We will map out your treatment plan after that, including the length of treatment. During this appointment, you can even preview images of your future smile.
Once you receive your custom aligners, you will wear each set for about two weeks, 20 to 22 hours each day. You may remove them to eat, drink, brush, and floss. As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will gradually move until they have straightened to the final position we’ve prescribed. During the course of your treatment, you will visit our office once every six weeks or so to ensure that your teeth are progressing as planned. The treatment time and the amount of retainers needed vary on a case-by-case basis. However, the total treatment typically lasts 9 to 15 months and includes 18 to 30 aligners.
Health Benefits of Straight Teeth
Everyone knows that Invisalign can help you achieve a more confident, beautiful smile. But beyond that, obtaining straight teeth offers many overall health benefits, including the following:
- Straight teeth allow your teeth and jaw to function properly.
- Straight teeth are easier to clean and maintain.
- Straight teeth prevent excessive stress, which can result in premature wearing. Over time, the stress caused by misaligned teeth can lead to chipping, notching at the gum line, abnormal flattening of the biting surface, and fractures along the edges of teeth.
- Straight teeth reduce your risk of developing periodontal disease. Although this infection begins in your mouth, it can spread throughout your entire body. Once it enters your bloodstream, it can damage your arteries, increasing your risk of heart disease, stroke, and other serious health conditions.
So although most people focus on Invisalign’s aesthetic benefits, don’t forget about the ways in which it can improve your overall health.
At Duff Family Dental, we aim to provide you and your family with the best and latest in dental technology and treatment options. We offer a variety of services, including cosmetic dentistry, pediatric dentistry, composite fillings, dental bonding, and more. Ask our qualified staff what Duff Family Dental can do for you. We’ll work with you to choose the teeth-straightening treatment that works best for you, and we can customize our treatment options to meet your needs. To get started, give us a call at 417-501-8601 or schedule an appointment online.